OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » OpenVZ equivalent to linux-vserver's vunify
OpenVZ equivalent to linux-vserver's vunify [message #12193] Fri, 20 April 2007 02:10 Go to next message
djbclark is currently offline  djbclark
Is there an OpenVZ equivalent to linux-vserver's vunify? I found a old forum thread (2005) mentioning "vzpkglink", but the only place I could find that mentioned via Google was with regard to Vituozzo.

I am interested because I want to be able to run a bunch of vserver instances off of a LiveCD, and only have the changes to the LiveCD filesystem be stored in the ramdisk.
Re: OpenVZ equivalent to linux-vserver's vunify [message #12198 is a reply to message #12193] Fri, 20 April 2007 07:56 Go to previous message
Vasily Tarasov is currently offline  Vasily Tarasov
Hello, there is no such tool in OpenVZ. In Viruozzo special filesystem type (vzfs) is used, that performs this action: it greatly saves the amount of diskspace.

However you can do it manually in OpenVZ as it usually done on LiveCDs. You probably know unionfs is used in LiveCDs. So you can create one read-only VE and then mount it to the private areas of each real VEs as a read-only branch of uninfs. You get the same result. But in order to do it automatically on VE start/stop you'll have to dig in vzctl Smile

Vasily.
Previous Topic: Kernel build fails with XEN subarch...
Next Topic: vzquota : (error) Quota on syscall for VEID: File exists
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 14:09:39 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04280 seconds