OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* fakegateway in VE's
*SOLVED* fakegateway in VE's [message #11911] Wed, 11 April 2007 15:24 Go to next message
stoffell is currently offline  stoffell
Hi all,

I'm running 2 servers with OpenVZ but since yesterday I have a problem on one of them..

If I start a VE the default gateway is not automatically added correctly, after trying it out a bit it seems the FAKEGATEWAY is not added correctly. I have added this in the debian-add_ip.sh script (like: FAKEGATEWAY=192.0.2.1) and now it works..

Any reason why this should be? On a different server (same config) this does not happen. (no fakegateway defined in the script)

cheers,
stoffell

[Updated on: Thu, 12 April 2007 08:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: fakegateway in VE's [message #11933 is a reply to message #11911] Thu, 12 April 2007 08:04 Go to previous message
stoffell is currently offline  stoffell
Okay, I found out what the problem was.

In /etc/vz/dists/scripts, the config file functions has been changed. The "FAKEGATEWAY" is now defined in the 'new' version of this file.

Due to an upgrade with apt-get, the "old" config file was not overwritten. The new config file (supplied with the package) was saved as functions.dpkg-dist.

I now copied functions.dpkg-dist to functions, and the FAKEGATEWAY is defined so can be used again.

I'll try to watch closer on upgrading next time Smile

cheers!
Previous Topic: ocfs2 & drbd 8.0 & 2.6.18-ovz028stab027.1-enterprise
Next Topic: Workaround to install vzyum, vzpkgcache and vzrpm in a x86_64 with Centos distro
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Oct 12 20:01:18 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11992 seconds