OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » *SOLVED* CentOS4.4 ovzkernel not recognizing my CPUs
*SOLVED* CentOS4.4 ovzkernel not recognizing my CPUs [message #11819] Sat, 07 April 2007 18:51 Go to next message
Scratch_ is currently offline  Scratch_
Hello. I'm a new user to the world of OpenVZ, and CentOS for that matter, but a long time Linux user. I'm setting up a VPS server for a few of my friends and myself. My problem being that when booted into the 2.6.9-023stab040.1 ovzkernel on CentOS it only reads my system as having 1 processor. (My server has 2 HT Xeon processors) When booted into the normal CentOS kernel (2.6.9-42.0.10.ELsmp) it reads my system as having 4 processors. (what it should be)

Obviously this is annoying and incorrect rendering my system at 25% of what it should be. The way I see it there must be a way to re-compile the ovzkernel and add support for the dual processors and HT. Being a new CentOS user I'm not quite familiar with this. Using Gentoo I know I would just cd into the kernel source directory and do a "make menuconfig". -- What would you guys suggest I do?

Also do you think it would cause me any harm using the CentOS 5 beta with the newer release of OVZ as opposed to using the older 2.6.9 kernels?

[Updated on: Thu, 12 April 2007 09:52] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: CentOS4.4 ovzkernel not recognizing my CPUs [message #11820 is a reply to message #11819] Sat, 07 April 2007 19:42 Go to previous message
Scratch_ is currently offline  Scratch_
Well don't I feel like a silly goose!

I was using the normal ovzkernel instead of the smp one. Sorry for wasting your time.
Previous Topic: *SOLVED* FUSE not working, No such device
Next Topic: *SOLVED* Different versions of MySQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 01 07:30:14 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05922 seconds