OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » VPS Plesk install help
VPS Plesk install help [message #135] Thu, 22 September 2005 02:01 Go to next message
wpafan is currently offline  wpafan
I have tried several times to install plesk in a VPS.. everything is working great. I have set Selinux to disabled but come to an error on the same package, ive even tried creating a new vps to try again without luck.. the first error i got was this one

/root/psa/PSA_7.5.4/FC3_std.updates/tomcat4-webapps-4.1.24-f ull.2jpp.noarch.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 307a10a5

Installing packages
Installing perl-URI-1.30-4.noarch.rpm
error: unpacking of archive failed: cpio: lsetfilecon failed - Bad file descriptor
Not all required packages were installed.

I fixed the NOKEY error, then got this error

Installing packages
Installing perl-URI-1.30-4.noarch.rpm
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/URI/urn/isbn.pm;43320d9e: cpio: lsetfilecon failed - No such file or directory
Not all required packages were installed.
Press <ENTER> to continue...

same package, but different error. any ideas?

thanks
Re: VPS Plesk install help [message #136 is a reply to message #135] Thu, 22 September 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dim is currently offline  dim
Do you restart your VPS after SELinux disabling?

http://static.openvz.org/openvz_userbar_en.gif
Re: VPS Plesk install help [message #140 is a reply to message #136] Thu, 22 September 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wpafan is currently offline  wpafan
yep, several times. even rebooted the entire box twice.
Re: VPS Plesk install help [message #994 is a reply to message #135] Tue, 24 January 2006 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dkuntz is currently offline  dkuntz
I also have this problem. I am using the FC3 template, and it's not working. There is no /etc/selinux/config on the version of FC3 I'm using (DL'd the metadata, vzpkgcache'd to generate the template, etc)
Re: VPS Plesk install help [message #1062 is a reply to message #135] Mon, 30 January 2006 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
douglas is currently offline  douglas
Any fixes for this yet? I'm having the same thing. tried both minimal and default caches and still can't install.

Re: VPS Plesk install help [message #1075 is a reply to message #1062] Mon, 30 January 2006 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dev is currently offline  dev

does it happen on FC3 only?
looks like a bug in FC3 tools...

http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-developer.png
Re: VPS Plesk install help [message #1080 is a reply to message #135] Mon, 30 January 2006 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rsaylor is currently offline  rsaylor
Just wanted to get the status of this one as I too have not been able to get plesk to install. I tried it about a month ago with simular errors.
Re: VPS Plesk install help [message #1086 is a reply to message #1080] Mon, 30 January 2006 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
douglas is currently offline  douglas
Dev,

Yea but its a big deal, cuz right now I can't offer plesk at all. All the other distros doesn't work that you can use on openvz (at least that there are templates off) only ones I know of are fc3 fc4 centos4 and debian (I'm running a debian vserver now, I haven't put it into production still not sure if its stable with openvz) But even then so debian is the only OS with openvz that will work with plesk?

Doug
Re: VPS Plesk install help [message #1388 is a reply to message #135] Tue, 07 February 2006 18:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
devnu11 is currently offline  devnu11

I too am trying to install Plesk. I figured I start out with a fresh CentOS VPS and the RHEL 4 plesk package. I received an error that my version of Plesk was not for CentOS 4. I changed /etc/redhat-release to RHEL4 and the installer at least started to install. After Plesk connected to the swsoft server the install stopped dead again saying there was no version for my OS. I also changed /etc/issue (not sure about this, from memory as I'm on the road) but there was no change, Plesk would not install. Anyone have any updates? Any success stories or suggestions on how to get Plesk installed?

Just Because You Have One, Doesn't Mean You Have To Be One!
Re: VPS Plesk install help [message #1390 is a reply to message #135] Tue, 07 February 2006 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scooter is currently offline  scooter
Well to get plesk installed on Centos4

You have to download the large tar for rhel4 and do the rpm way unfortunately.

Thier autoinstaller doesn't support Centos.

I've done this many times with no issues.

Scooter

Scooter Harris
Re: VPS Plesk install help [message #1399 is a reply to message #135] Tue, 07 February 2006 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rsaylor is currently offline  rsaylor
scooter,

Would you mind writing a howto for the rpm install?
Re: VPS Plesk install help [message #1408 is a reply to message #135] Wed, 08 February 2006 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scooter is currently offline  scooter
I can possibly try, i would need to setup a vps to redo a plesk install.

But unfortunately work has me covered up with ensim issues atm, so it won't be tonight.

Scooter Harris
Re: VPS Plesk install help [message #1415 is a reply to message #135] Wed, 08 February 2006 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alticon-brian is currently offline  alticon-brian
It's late, i'd go into more detail but i'm about to pass out. Anyways, try this. It's for centos 4, YMMV:

cp /etc/redhat-release /root/
echo "Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Taroon Update 2)" > /etc/redhat-release

cp /etc/issue /root/
echo "Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Taroon Update 2)" > /etc/issue
echo "Kernel \r on an \m" >> /etc/issue

yum install apr apr-util aspell aspell-en bind bind-libs bind-utils bzip2-libs compat-db cracklib cracklib-dicts crontabs curl cyrus-sasl cyrus-sasl-md5 db4 distcache e2fsprogs expat file findutils fontconfig freetype gawk gd gdbm glib2 gmp grep httpd httpd-suexec info krb5-libs libc-client libcap libgcc libgcrypt libgpg-error libidn libjpeg libpng libselinux libstdc++ libtermcap libtool-libs libxml2 libxslt mailcap mailx make mktemp mod_perl mod_ssl mysql mysql-server ncurses ntp openldap openssh openssh-clients openssl openssl pam pcre perl perl-DBD-MySQL perl-DBI perl-Filter php php-imap php-mysql php-pear php-pgsql postgresql-libs python sed sharutils sysklogd tar tcp_wrappers termcap unzip vixie-cron webalizer which xinetd xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL xorg-x11-libs zlib

cd rpm_RedHat_el4/

rpm -Uvh *
cd ../opt/

rpm -Uvh ../Third_Party/perl-TimeDate-1.16-1.noarch.rpm
rpm -Uvh migration/psa-migration-manager-7.5.4-rhel4.build75050930.11 .i586.rpm
rpm -Uvh fp/frontpage-5.0-72psa.rhel4.i586.rpm

You get the gist...
icon3.gif  Re: VPS Plesk install help [message #1435 is a reply to message #135] Wed, 08 February 2006 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aistis is currently offline  aistis

Hello

I'll take care of this issue. Just sent all the details to Plesk guys.

Aistis Cool

Aistis Zenkevicius
http://static.openvz.org/userbars/openvz-user.png
Re: VPS Plesk install help [message #2138 is a reply to message #1435] Wed, 22 March 2006 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jbond007 is currently offline  jbond007
please Help Help i try to install plesk but is not working

have centos 4 minimal and fedora 3 anf 4
but no autoinstaller or
please send clear intruction for install plesk or create sh file for autoinstall the rpm
selinux must be disable ?
Thank you
Re: VPS Plesk install help [message #2146 is a reply to message #2138] Wed, 22 March 2006 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you even attempt the directions that I posted on doing the RPM install?
openvz and plesk not compatible ! [message #2156 is a reply to message #1415] Thu, 23 March 2006 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all openvz user I want to share my exp, using openvz

openvz is not compatible for use plesk 100% i always fund rpm error i try all Centos fedora and debian
but always stuck

If any one install please post comment about the installation
Re: VPS Plesk install help [message #2157 is a reply to message #2146] Thu, 23 March 2006 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

openvz is not compatible for use plesk 100% i always fund rpm error i try all Centos fedora and debian
but always stuck

Re: VPS Plesk install help [message #2166 is a reply to message #135] Thu, 23 March 2006 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll take that as a "no" Confused
Re: VPS Plesk install help [message #2173 is a reply to message #135] Thu, 23 March 2006 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OPenvz and plesk are not compatible rpm issues
i been try all to install but don't work

i test Cpanel work ok
webmin
vhcs
syscp
all is ok
but the more import one plesk from swsoft

thanks

help help required plesk working to OPenvz

Re: VPS Plesk install help [message #2181 is a reply to message #1415] Fri, 24 March 2006 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi brian
my name is max the guy that i call today !!!

1 Thank you !!!!!! for your great help to all Openvz people

dear i try install like was instruction but have not clue why not install correctly

please can you try repost all Again and check if any error show !

sorry about my english
You are the best !!!
Re: openvz and plesk not compatible ! [message #4250 is a reply to message #2156] Tue, 04 July 2006 07:08 Go to previous message
msokolov is currently offline  msokolov
jbond007 wrote on Thu, 23 March 2006 08:43

but always stuck

Hi, take a look at http://wiki.openvz.org/Plesk_in_VE
Previous Topic: Plesk Istallation Issues Help
Next Topic: No module aar81xx found for kernel while installing kernel rpm
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 19 12:26:06 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03122 seconds