OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » OpenVZ under Xen?
OpenVZ under Xen? [message #10390] Sat, 17 February 2007 03:42 Go to next message
jarcher is currently offline  jarcher
Hi All...

I'm wondering if anyone has tried to run OpenVZ under Zen? If I could do this, it would allow me to run Windows systems and a Linux with OpenVZ on the same server, which would be pretty cool.

Re: OpenVZ under Xen? [message #10649 is a reply to message #10390] Sun, 25 February 2007 20:33 Go to previous message
bradmkjr is currently offline  bradmkjr
In theory it is possible, with Intel or AMD virtualization supported cpus. I think you would be better off running VMware Server or Microsoft Virtual Server inside of Windows. Or you can run VMware server inside of Linux, and load windows into it, including Vista.

The question is, what is you reasoning? if it is for testing software it will be ok, but I don't recommend double layered Virtualization for a Production Enviroment, there is too much chance of error. Just think of the path your network traffic would have to take?

nic = zen = VM1 = OpenVZ = VMA = application

That isn't a very direct path. And you may run into issues trying to push high bandwidth through that setup.

Well, hope it helps
Bradford Knowlton
http://x86Virtualization.com
Previous Topic: Debian and creating a template cache
Next Topic: *SOLVED* No vzpkgls on Debian Etch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 28 22:46:27 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04000 seconds