OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Discussions » What Linux distribution (currently) is supported best?
What Linux distribution (currently) is supported best? [message #10285] Wed, 14 February 2007 11:55
pjdevries is currently offline  pjdevries
For Linux/OpenVZ newbies like myself it's interesting to know how more experienced users think about choosing a Linux distribution that is best suited for OpenVZ in terms of availability, stability and ease of use.

I have mixed feelings about my personal experience thusfar with Debian. With my first attempt on Debian Sarge I ran into various problems. I have to admit that my inexeperience, with Linux in general and creating custom kernels in particular, probably has something to do with that. A second attempt on Debian Etch went quite smoothly, mainly because OpenVZ is available in the Etch repository. A third attempt two days ago got me stuck because the current OpenVZ kernel patch no longer applies. I'm sure that will be solved in a matter of days, but it started me wondering which Linux distribtion is best suited to configure a lean and mean OpenVZ host, completely dedicated to run VPS'es and nothing else. In my particular case I also would like to install DRBD and Heartbeat in an attempt to create a small HA cluster.

Regards,

Pieter-Jan de Vries
Previous Topic: OpenVZ now tracked by Update-Scout.com
Next Topic: OpenVZ VE Resource Monitoring Suite
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 05 14:28:28 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03159 seconds