OpenVZ Forum

Home » General » Support » Networking Problems
Networking Problems [message #1010] Wed, 25 January 2006 18:11 Go to next message
devnu11 is currently offline  devnu11

I am having a problem with the networking on my Gentoo VPS. I figure I better start at the beginning and make sure I have the OVZ host "hardware node" set up the preferred way. I checked the user guide briefly last night and did not find an answer to my question. If i have a server with 10 external IP's do those 10 IP's have to be listed in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0-range0? Currently I DO NOT have the IP's homed to the hardware node. I let "vzctl add 101 --ipaddr xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx --save" add them for me to the guest. Just as an experiment I added a script ifcfg-venet0-range0 to add the IP's to the hardware node but the script was rewritten on startup of the network so I guess that is not the answer. There is no sense getting into the specifics of my issue with networking until I confirm the correct way to set up the hardware note to begin with. So..

Do I need to home the external IP's in the hardware node under ifcfg-eth0 ??

Just Because You Have One, Doesn't Mean You Have To Be One!

[Updated on: Wed, 25 January 2006 18:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Networking Problems [message #1017 is a reply to message #1010] Thu, 26 January 2006 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dim is currently offline  dim
Problem is in the absence of loopback configuration inside VPS

http://static.openvz.org/openvz_userbar_en.gif
Re: Networking Problems [message #1081 is a reply to message #1010] Mon, 30 January 2006 14:18 Go to previous message
rsaylor is currently offline  rsaylor
what you do is set ip forwarding, home only the 1st IP of the block then the other IP's will automatically forward to the VPS hosts.
Previous Topic: vzyum problem
Next Topic: cPanel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 05 02:32:48 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06042 seconds